Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Up and at it

I got up early thinking I would be able to get so many things done.  The time slipped right past me.  I thought about staying in bed and getting the slightest amount more rest but decided I was ready to get up and do a few things before work.  I did get some things done but I have a tendency to discount the normal things, like wiping down the kitchen counters and balancing the bank statement, as not really doing anything.  At least they are not exactly the things I wake up early in my mind to do.  And yet, my time is always used first on those things.  But it isn't such an unusual phenomena, I think.  I mean everyone gets distracted by the normal routines.
After coming home from an exhausting Monday at work, I took to a book and managed to read most of it.  The down-time was a good thing and probably why I was okay to get up early this morning.  I am thinking I should take notes on what to avoid with my writing from what the author did in this book.  And then I think how was that really down-time when I am using each book I read as research for writing? But then, isn't it the reason I get up early to get some things done?
TT  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT