Saturday, April 28, 2012

There again

Last Saturday afternoon I posted after a run when I completed seven consecutive days of running.  I felt like I managed to get myself back on track for the month as far as miles.  I also had pushed myself to stay consistent by not letting up on a day off during that seven day time frame.  It was a form of discipline in order to get to a goal.  A little rugged, a little tough, more than I would usually do but I felt it was necessary for me to do it.  To myself.  I wouldn't have urged anyone else to follow suit but for me, it was acceptable.  I ended up running 34 miles that week in total.  That is way over my normal average, especially the average I have had in the recent past with my lack of consistency that brought on this whole self-prescribed method of discipline.
So it's another Saturday and I haven't run 34 miles this week and I brought down the numbers of days I've run down to five.  That was/is my originally prescribed amount of runs I have wanted to get in for my weekly routine.  I took my two rest days this week and I had to push myself out the door yesterday afternoon but I wasn't really fighting it all that hard not to go and I did go out and had a good run.  I had another especially good one this morning.
So last Saturday afternoon I got a week long of runs and many miles done.  And now today, this Saturday morning I can say I got another goal I wanted to get done. 
I've run 102 miles this month.
There.  Again.
TT 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tessa you Rock, Good Job, the month isn't over and your over the century mark. What are you going to do..your ready for something big. Fly somewhere and run a marathon.

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT