Friday, April 27, 2012

Questing

On my quest for inspiration and trying to unjumble the small sphere of my particular world right now I decided I had to find an old quote.  I didn't find the exact one I was looking for but that is sometimes a good and better thing that can happen to me when I go out questing.  It's the things I find that are different from what I think I am looking for that always opens my eyes and helps me find my way. 
It seems of late I have been suffering from...here is where I would need to add a long list of bullet pointed items to cover it all.  I'm not even sure I need to go back and try to recollect all the things I have been suffering from.  And the word suffering is probably too strong.  It makes it sound like something physical or even worse - something totally mental is going on and it's more of a healthy combination.  If suffering can be healthy.
I guess it might depend on my attitude since it wasn't really suffering to begin with.   But, anyway, I've strayed terribly and so here is the quote I found while searching for another that I didn't.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.
Benjamin Franklin
It's a tough one.  I know.  It could certainly hold someone like me back about writing since I don't always know that what I write is worth the reading.  Maybe my problem is the other part in that I haven't thought what I have been doing is worth writing about.  Then, wait, if I think about this realistically, this spot has always been my way of searching the avenues to find my way to better writing.  My practice ground, it is my place to keep practicing in order to get to a better place with my writing.  And sometimes I just happen to do a few things that are worth writing about.  A few.  It helps with the inspiration and the questing.
And so then, going back to my earlier mention - what is an artist without suffering?  And the fact that I have been busy and only had 900 calories yesterday does that mean I am also starving?  I mean since artists are supposedly better when they are suffering and starving.  (I don't really think so...but it makes for better marketing).
Besides, I had to do something here.  I mean really.  I was so very tired of seeing that last post up for so long!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT