Sunday, April 29, 2012

Only a card

A pulled a tarot card today just because the fancy struck me.  It wasn't premeditated and I wasn't thinking anything about it when I thought I would unwrap my deck from the silk it is tied in and remove a single card.  I loosened the knot and moved the ends of the cloth away exposing the cards.  I thumbed along the side of the deck until I was a few cards down, stopped, and pulled one out.  Since all backs were showing I held the silk and deck in my left hand as I lifted my selected card up in my right as I turned it over so I could see it. 
Oh, I grinned a wicked smile as I saw the face of my card.  Two wicked smiles were then staring face to face back at each other.  I pulled the devil. 
You might think that wouldn't be a good way of starting a day or the week.  Oh, no! Shake my head and tremble.  This cannot be good.  But there is a certain amount of devil that needs to show up every once in a while in order to push past the regular and the safe.  There is a portion of fire that needs to be behind the eyes and burning in your insides to move to the bigger and better.  You see, the devil card suggests a risk-taker.  A reminder that sometimes you need to laugh in the face of limitations.  Have you ever met an under-confident devil?  Do you think he second-guesses himself at every turn?  Doesn't he go out to do whatever it is he wants like he can do no wrong?
I think I need to think about that fire I have inside for the things I know I want to do but keep holding myself back on.  It's time for a little more risk-taking.  I need to build on the embers of those passions I have but keep moving away from. 
It is time to start more official training for a distance run.  I already had my eye on an August half marathon - since I am known for my love of warmer temperatures and it's called The Hottest Half.  I will see about that - possibly something before August.  And then a longer distance.
I am seriously thinking of putting that shopping cart on the cookie site. I'll take my chances and see how it develops.  I won't know unless I try.  And then there is one more tough and sensitive area I can't seem to stop the inner flames on no matter how hard I try to stomp it out.  I'm going to work on and finish that first draft of the fiction I have been putting aside forever.  I had mentioned to Jay last night that I wanted to spend an hour or more today working on it.  It came out of my mouth before my brain could stop me and then here I am this morning, like the devil, taking risks and facing limitations.  I'm thinking about plans and goals and how I can get from here to there.  I am making my mind up to start taking those first few steps knowing that they will count as miles if I have my direction.
Some crazy fancy struck me to pull a tarot card this morning.  I'm shaking my head, but it's left me with a very good, very positive, wicked smile.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT