Wednesday, April 18, 2012

So far

I went out and did another 4 miles yesterday.  I am not giving myself any options out this week.  I am going to run every day this week no matter what.  Yes, yes...same ole tune as yesterday.  It's easy to talk big that way when it's only been three consecutive days of running.  Everyone has heard it all before - big talk...and where is the action?
But I'm not just talking so far.  Monday and Tuesdays are possible rest days and I didn't falter there.  I didn't keep myself from running by using that as a reason to skip out.  I would have over 17 miles this week if I didn't have to forfeit Sunday's 8 mile run to last week.  But 9 so far isn't bad and it has cut into the 25 I need to reach by Saturday.  Of course the following week I'll have another 25 to hit the 100 for the month but one week at a time.  One day at a time.  One run...
Well, I'm not going to think too hard about the miles and the distances.  It's just about the running.  And yes - as Anonymous mentioned in a comment yesterday that if I did an ultra I would be done with the 100 miles in a day maybe two...well, an ultra runner I am not.  So far.  Got a lot more miles to pack under my belt before that would ever be something I could even think about.  But great big shout outs and high fives to you, Anonymous.  I know your beatin' down the scrubs and trails and pathways out there.  Keep it up and I'll do my small part here this way for now.  It seems to be working out for me this way so far.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT