Sunday, May 23, 2010

What to do

Tessa T., Tessa T., what am I going to do with you?
You might suspect something isn't exactly right when I am starting off the day talking to myself.  Especially when the talk is of the kind that is done with your arms crossed, tapping one foot and shaking your head in doubt.  Well, that is what it feels like to me this early morning. 
I am still in this surreal cloud of thinking I might be on vacation.  I am thinking I am even heading out to my own personal paradise and will arrive in a matter of a few short hours.  I am doing things as if preparing for it and yet I am still in a cloudy haze of I am not sure I believe this yet.
I seem to understand.  I went out for an early run but made it purposely short knowing I would need to rinse and dry not only my running gear but myself. I've charged and stowed all my personal gadgets and toys that I will be bringing along with me as I go far and away.  I've set aside all my...well, I've done all the things I would do in preparation.  But even doing these things, I still don't think I've grasped the whole idea that I am not obligated to report to anyone or anything for a while.  I know I've heard people mention that it's normal and it's called time-off.  They usually tell me this in a very dry, sarcastic tone.  It's a variety of message delivering I have mastered myself and yet seem to be selective when I hear it from others telling me.  
I'm not sure why I don't grasp it the same way as others, but then...what do I grasp as others do?  So, I guess I'll muddle through.  At least I've done my prep work and now that I think about it...the idea of being at my far and away in time to have crab cakes for a late lunch...sounds like something I could do quite well.
  
There you go.  That sounds like a good enough place to start, Tessa T.
TT      

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT