Friday, May 21, 2010

No work

I had one of my regular meetings with my Director boss yesterday morning.  It was fairly typical and we were going over the meetings I had already set up, those that I was having difficulties with and other new ones he needed.  In the couse of the conversation I reminded him that I was taking the first three days of next week off.  It had been previously scheduled but since I am usually at work and have an abundance of vacation time stocked piled I thought it a good idea to remind him.
He stopped for just a moment and said..."so you come back Thursday and Friday and then have another three day weekend."
"Yes."
"Why aren't you taking the entire week?"
"I didn't have anything planned."
"You have all this time accumulated."
"But another Admin will be out on Friday."
"But we have another Admin and that day should be fairly quiet since it's before the long weekend." 
"You think I should take the entire week?"
"Yes, why not?"
"I don't know but I think I'm going to say yes."
"Well, good."
We finished the rest of our meeting and I came out of his office a little shaken but realizing I would have a bunch of days off.  I called Jay to let him know I thought I was going to take the entire week (plus the Memorial day holiday).  
"Well, it's about time someone kicked you in the ass.  At least you listened to your boss."
I guess I do go round and round with working, time off, working, not taking time off.  I'm not sure why I think I need to be at my absolute max with my vacation bank but it seems I horde the time there instead of taking it.
So I don't have any idea what I'll be doing all of next week.  I do know Sunday I will be heading out to my own personal paradise.  Yes - I will be directly across the street from that picture to the upper right.  When I come back Tuesday afternoon I still have no idea what I will be doing.  I do know one thing I won't be doing.
Going in to work.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT