Wednesday, May 12, 2010

200 miles

"200 miles. Okay, we admit: we’re impressed. Not that we have to tell you, but you’re a total champ. You distance demon you."

That was the notification I got on my nike+ running site yesterday evening when I sync'd up my workout.  You see?  How can I not be motivated when after a tough run I get these kind of responses?  My total miles seems to be 206.62 since 3/11/10 when I first started using my shoe sensor.  I already have a total of 22.08 for the week and it's only Wednesday morning (my week starts on Sundays).
I had gone through the site earlier yesterday and set up a new goal for myself.  I went ahead and committed to trying to run 120 miles in 5 weeks.  I should be able to do that.  I should, but we will see.  I also found another on-line challenge that started 4/30 and ends either 5/21 or 5/15.  The confusion on the end date is because the challenge description says the longer date of 5/21 but because this is a nike sponsored challenge it has legals that says it ends 5/15.  That challenge has a group of over 4500 runners enrolled and the object is to run 20 miles during that time frame.  There is a random drawing at the end for everyone that accomplishes those miles to have a chance of being awarded a pair of Nike's newest shoe.  I believe they will give out 5 pairs to the lucky runners.  That leaderboard will change drastically with as many competitors it has.  I started at position 190 yesterday then moved to 118 after my run and this morning I am at 125.  Still, not too bad for that many runners in that race!  
I am still working on my smaller challenge to run 210 miles by the end of September.  I clocked in with 99.71 miles yesterday and that put me in third place for the moment.  I keep flip-flopping that position with a runner that has won a previous challenge we both were in.  No - don't know each other...but you start to recognize their runner names.  I am 6.09 miles behind the #2 spot - if they don't run and I do!  And then, whew, don't know that I can catch #1 who currently has 139 miles to my 99.
So, it seems I have clocked quite a few miles.  I never would have thought...never.  And never would have thought I would have gotten a response of..."You distance demon you"...even if it is a programmed response triggered by a certain number.
I still had to trigger the right number.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT