Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Speedy recap

Sunday came and went. Monday was Sonny's birthday and I went to work. We decided to get together and go out to dinner as a family but first everyone came over to my house to open his birthday presents.

We did that and then had dinner. It was a really, really nice time. I got a phone call that night and it was an order for 20 dozen cookies. Yes, I could have them ready for pick up at the magic store on Thursday. My mind was already search my database (I was thinking really hard) because I knew I didn't have enough of the right size tins. I could substitute the pail that holds 4 dozen (he wanted 5 pails of 4 doz cookies each) for two 2 dozen round tins. I had those. Early the next morning I went online and ordered more of my tin sizes since I would be all out of tins with this order.

Tuesday was the Tech Expo at work and it was filled with all kinds of activities. It was an on-the-go all day type of day. Then it was over and I went home and started baking. And baking. And then I went to the store to get the few ingredients I needed for two types of cookies and then went home and baked some more. All cooled, all stored away, and done for the day.

I expected to wake up dragged out tired but Wednesday dawned and I felt good. Maybe some of the pressure was off since I had finished baking and only needed to pack them up after work. So, I worked all day and then came home to find my order of cookie tins had already arrived at my doorstep! It as awesome because now I had enough of the correct size tins and didn't have to make the smaller ones work. I got them all packed up with cookies, labeled, and ready to take to the shop for the customer to pick up tomorrow.

If this seemed to be a quick recap it was. I had to catch up from Sunday to now, Wednesday night. I didn't mean to discount anything as less important but at the speed I need to keep going lately, it's the best I can do. The kiddos are scheduled to arrive in 30 minutes for a while and I should do some clean up or heck, just read for 30 minutes. I work tomorrow but had the foresight to take Friday off. Yea, me!

You would think I drank another barrel of coffee but I didn't. At least not since early this morning. This is just my set speed right now. Quick or you'll miss me.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT