Friday, January 1, 2016

Perfect start

The first day of the year has almost come to an end after an absolutely perfect New Years Eve. That evening we fried our oysters, made an impromptu batch of fresh pasta, and cheered all our good fortune. We lit some fireworks and rang it all in with glee.  Prior to the lovely evening I was taken to lunch by Sonny, Mr L, and the Big Boy. The last day of the year was jammed packed. I told you it was perfect.

Today, the first day of 2016, started out cold and I was determined not to change my mind about attending the 5K I signed up to run. I couldn't not sign up when I found this race. It was on the first day of the new year, it didn't start until 10:00 am, and it would take place at one of my favorite places to run. How could I not sign up? So I did and the morning dawned.

I made sure I was going. I had told more than a few people about it but I was really nervous. I couldn't figure out why unless it was because it was cold and people would know if I wimped out and ditched the race. I went and knew I would run and be done.

I was thinking I was crazy for signing up, insane for showing up. When it was all over, I checked the board for my pace and thought I lost my mind. I came in third in my age category. Huh. Wow. Cool.

After all the internal whining I was kind of badass. I didn't think that because I placed in the race but because I showed up. It would have been much easier to skip out. I didn't. I got all nervous for no reason and drove myself over there and stood and shivered for a while and ran a race. I went, and now I have started this first day of the very new year in a perfect way.

Isn't that badass.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT