Thursday, November 6, 2014

Quiet focus

A nice clean desk jumped out at me this morning. I made my way up the dark staircase and switched on the lamp that overhangs above my laptop and glanced over my handiwork. A small notepad at the far right corner aligned with pens and pencils. A box of index cards at the upper right beside the picture of special boys smiling at me from the 'Nana' inscribed frame. A wide expanse of empty, wood surface between these things and my laptop at the furthermost left side. I did good yesterday. This is nice. Impressive. This is really conducive to do the work I imagined I would do when I first set up this area.

That's a lot to get and feel from approaching a spot I've been sitting at for years. Sometimes it only takes some small changes to get your focus back and remember what and why these things were put into place. How nice that I even have this spot that is all my own. How nice to be able to appreciate it all over again. If you don't mind, I think I'll sit in my space a little longer in the quiet moment I have right now.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT