Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Visions of sugar plums?

I woke up with visions of grocery lists in my head. Whipping cream, pancetta, don't forget to write down basil and check to see if there is any corn meal in the cupboard. Take the turkey out of the fridge and see how much it has defrosted and pull down that cookbook to check the hours to roast for the amount of pounds. Get up, you need to make that list to get to the store early because I'm not sure what time Sonny wants to meet to buy the wine. Selma offered to make the pumpkin pie so why am I thinking of adding madeleines to the dessert menu? Oysters were available and the last time we wanted to make rockafella I couldn't find them in the shell and bought madeleine cookie sheets that worked really well for the oysters. Wake up already! This is one menu we don't need to expand on. Get a real list going and stop dreaming about it.

I think I have my list. I keep adding to it as if we won't have enough which is ridiculous. I'll give the menu another go-through to make sure the list is complete and get the last of the shopping out of the way. I will make corn bread and an apple pie today (madeleines maybe)? Tomorrow will be the day.

Now just a bit of accuracy updating since I couldn't post a comment on the blog directly Without a clue. I wasn't 15 when I got married 35 years ago but almost 24. I had my own apartment and wasn't living at home. The part about the food money embezzling is true but it happened a few years earlier and what's wrong with garlic and olive oil pasta? I'm saying congrats on the 26 years, CSC!

Now off to the grocery store!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT