Thursday, November 13, 2014

It was a cold, dark morning

I woke up extra early to the sounds of the swirling, howling wind outside. I had a suspicion the temperature dropped even in my heat controlled house by how many times the air switched on to blow through the vents. Sure enough, when I finally noticed the read-out on my laptop the nifty weather gadget claimed it was 36 degrees. No matter. I am in, not out and even when I need to go out, it isn't for any long spell of time.

I can't help but think how the wind has a long, lonely sound. It's strong and forceful, pushing it's way through the streets while letting out it's forlorn moans. If it were a person, I would want to tell it calmly, to take a steady breath. Hold still and it will be fine. Whatever is happening at the moment will soon be gone.

Whoa, listen to me, like I'm some psychiatrist to the weather. Stay calm and take a breath, girlie. Have some coffee and let your brain engage before you spill any more words around. Getting up extra early on a cold, windy morning isn't always a great plan. And that wind I thought I was hearing has completely stopped. I should follow suit and do the same.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT