Monday, November 24, 2014

Huge treasure

I have the absolute treasure of time this week. I'm not sure how I will dole it out, whether it will be large amounts to any one thing or small increments for many. I know for sure I won't spend too much of it trying to figure it out and just use what I need as it comes along. 

I have this great food holiday coming up and Thanksgiving Day for us will actually be on Wednesday this year. Sonny has to work on Thursday, but since I am off (and so is he) and everyone else in the family only works a half day on Wednesday, we will gather the day early.  This is one day I have the tradition down. The menu never changes because no one will allow one item to be removed and believe me, it is extensive. I will only need to start my process a day earlier which means I will do my cornbread and pie baking tomorrow, along with shopping for my fresh produce for the multitude of side dishes. I think I counted seven and that is only the vegetables and not counting stuffing, cranberry sauce, rolls, gravy, cheese sauce...

It's all part of the day and we won't change it for any amount of debate. And why should we?  It's worked well so far and what better way to use part of this huge treasure of time I have than with food and family.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT