Sunday, November 30, 2014

New routines

I'm winding down my week long vacation. It's only hours before I will need to turn down all the lights, snuggle up into my bed, and wake the next morning into my regular routine. It isn't something I am especially looking forward to doing but everyone has their responsibilities and not always with as many positives that I am privileged to possess.

I started changing things up a bit when I recently moved out of the large department I supported for the majority of the 16 years I have been with the company. I am still in the IT department, but have left behind the group that was in charge of the software development and taken on working with the much smaller group that handles Risk Management and Information Security.

It was time for that change but hard for others to realize there was someone else they needed to go to for the work in my old area. There was a physical move of the group this past week while I was off and it's my hope this will also help in facilitating a split since I won't be geographically located too close to their area. I will be even farther away when my new group relocates sometime in December. So things won't exactly be regularly routine tomorrow and in the near future but these are all good things.

I'm looking forward to the changes, so some new regular routines can be put into place.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT