Thursday, April 17, 2014

Deck demo




Nothing happened on Tuesday. I came home from work and everything in the backyard was the same as it had been on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday...

Let's face it, we were anxious. There goes the mind with all the 'what if's' it could possibly imagine why there wasn't any work being done.  I wasn't having too much of a bad time about it but I admit to some passing thoughts were something to the tune of...what if they don't come back until late in the week.  What if they don't finish before Friday, Saturday...  What if, what if...

Dash those thoughts! It doesn't help the progress of any situation and yesterday when I drove up to the house I was a little disappointed there wasn't a single truck in sight. I let out a sigh and knew I was going to have to call Jay and let him know nothing was done yet again. No trucks, no debris, not a single sign that anyone had been working.

Boy, do these guys work clean.  There was no truck and no debris because the crew had already come and gone.  Demo'd the entire deck and left only the bare bones still standing. Whew! All of that! Still on track to finish!

Now the area seems smaller, when after they put up the cover it seemed bigger. I'm starting to feel like Alice in Wonderland with Eat me, Drink me - Bigger, Smaller. I swear I haven't fallen down any rabbit hole. So here we go.  I expect I will come home today with more progress made. That would be wild and wonderful! Wouldn't it be great to have it done or almost done today! And with me not having to work tomorrow. Wow!

I took one more picture this morning below because I realized the tiny dirt covered square you see right outside my backdoor was the only 'patio' area this house originally had. I never could have survived with such a microscopic area.
 Can you believe this? It's only a step. A place to fall out of the house. An oversight.

But soon - sooner than yesterday or the day before. I'll have a new outdoor living space.

Just in time.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT