Friday, April 4, 2014

Jay's Bday

When I wrote the last entry about getting older, I was in no way thinking about anyone but myself. Then here it is someone else's birthday and it would seem I was referencing someone else. Not so. Thoughts of someone else getting older was farthest from my mind.

But here it is, today, Jay's birthday. He is 63 years old today. It's a Friday so we are both off to work. The routine stays the same for the day. It's Sunday afternoon when we will be able to celebrate. Both our boys will come over (and Selma and the little boys now, too) and we will have a meal that Jay gets to decide upon. It's the way we have always done birthdays around here for many years, even when the boys were little. The person with the birthday gets to decide the entire meal. When the boys got a little older and time was sometimes in the way or we wanted to stretch our birthday options, we included the choice of your own homemade menu or we could go out to eat any place of your choosing. I always felt a whisp of worry it might be an outrageously expensive restaurant but, hey, it's their birthday and what better way to experience such a lavish partaking if not with the entire family on a special occasion? It always worked out.

This year we will cook at home because that is what Jay prefers. It's his choice. As for today, his actual birthday...I might need to see if I can get him to some lavish restaurant for dinner. He probably won't go for it but I know I can get him to meet me for a drink. We'll go from there.

Here's to another birthday!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT