Thursday, April 3, 2014

Just older

Getting older, getting wiser. It sounds like when you reach that certain age, that old, older age, something happens that elevates you to another realm. It's true you do acquire an amount of knowledge. It's only logical that because you have lived longer, you have had more experiences. You have a multitude of examples to base your decisions. But how would I know?  I'm not some great thinker of thoughts like the Scarecrow in The Wizard of Oz once he got his brains. I'll leave the big thinking and speeches to him. And you know I'm not 'all that' when my reference is a character out of a children's book (or movie-depending on your generation).

I haven't reached any higher realm, I've simply gotten older. And what it's done, now that the things in life I worked so hard have been achieved, I find out I've reverted to that person I was way back when. I've gone back to that person I was before I got caught up in the tailspin of life.  Except I'm older. But I didn't revert back to that person but realized I'm the same one.  I only had so many other things going on I didn't have time to pay attention to her. And it was freaky. Or I'm freaky now that I realize those interests from my many years ago are still there. And that's fine because there is a level of...calm, confidence,strength, fun, silliness. I don't know what it is except it isn't too bad. Maybe that is the realm you are supposed to reach?

I'm still the same fun, silly, strong person I was.  Just older.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT