Saturday, July 5, 2014

Flashing July 4th

July 4th flashed by at an amazing pace. I think I might have blinked and here it is July 5th with most of the morning flying by at seeming the same speed as yesterday. Whew!

I started out the day with my 4-mile race.  CC (Dante's girlfriend) picked me up and the both of us headed out. What a great morning! It was weather perfect and the race organizers promised to start promptly at 7:30 am and they did. The chips were secured on our shoes and we hit the blue mats to activate our timers and ran. The first mile had the biggest incline with the reward of making the first turn-around and heading right back down again for a little added speed. We weaved in and out of the giant area including the last mile running across the sidelines of the grassy, and in a few places, wet and slightly muddy, soccer field. It was a quick up-the-pace sprint to the finish after that and it was done. CC was waiting at the finish and we hung out, grabbed some water, and checked the listings for our times before leaving. It said I finished the 4 miles in 38:18. What? It really was an amazing pace. I don't run that fast but my tracker said pretty much the same, so I'm not sure if it was just July 4th flashing by or what the answer might be. I'm good with it. CC managed an excellent 36:12 or close to that. The official website hasn't updated yet but good race, wouldn't you say?

This morning I went out for another run.  It was unofficial and in my own neighborhood with all of it's glorious inclines. I might have bit off a little more mileage than I should but it seems it felt a little much then and not so much now. I ended up with a good little run of about 6.5 miles. It wasn't at the amazing pace of yesterday but then, well, so?

Now, I've got some regular things to do. The tub needs to be scrubbed. A few groceries need to be purchased, and I might want to check out some new running shorts. Yeah. that.  Good idea. I should do that before the entire weeks flashes by.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT