Thursday, July 10, 2014

This side of the glass

I was going to say I didn't know where my time was going. It seems I haven't hit this page in a while and it's becoming more and more (or should I say less and less) that I come up here and spend a while. But the mornings I used to spend dawdling in front of the laptop has been used to gear up and run a few miles. It's taken my morning time and the only reason I'm not out there this morning is I updated my training spreadsheet and I am precisely on track. Well, of course, that is if you hit every marker listed on a spreadsheet you devised yourself. I will say it was devised based on a couple of other 'real' training plans I had or researched. And I haven't gone in and revised it during any time just because I wasn't exactly up for a run. So there. I'm on track.

It seems odd to have the few extra minutes to sit; to be able to watch the sky turn from dark to gray to light looking through the glass of the window instead of out on the pavement. It's nice to have the two different perspectives of the same thing. Both are really nice to experience and even better I can pick one or the other on any given day. Outside/inside. Today, after many other days, happens to be inside and since it's seems like such a long while since I've noticed it from this side of the glass, I can appreciate both.

A rest day was in order and on track and now it seems I don't know where the time has gone! The sky is lit, the clock is ticking forward, and I have to run! Except, it's only to work, and not running down the road...
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT