Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Are you up?

The alarm startled me out of a complete slumber and I was getting up. I thought I was getting up but I must have closed my eyes and when I opened them again the clock said it was 35 minutes later. Oops!

"I can still go run," that voice in my head stated.
"No, I can't," I replied.
"You've left the house to run at this time before."
"But I'm not even dressed."
"So hurry up!"
"Hurry up?! I'm barely moving. And I'm not going out without at least one cup of coffee and by the time I make that and get dressed and go out and then cool down and..."

I packed my gym bag. After work, I will run a few easy miles on the wonderful invention that allows you to run in place in a temperature controlled environment. I will hit the locker room to pull on my running shoes and hopefully find an unoccupied machine to use. I hope the gasps from my unsightly running shoes aren't too loud. I expect they'll get a few glances because of their accumulation of dirt and dingy. You can always tell an inside runner from an outside runner by the pristine appearance of the inside runners running shoes. Ah well. Those looks are a chance I'll have to take for oversleeping the alarm.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT