Thursday, July 3, 2014

All Set

"We ready?!"

This was the text I received last night from Dante's girlfriend. Let's stir up some excitement for the 4 Mile Freedom Run we both signed up to run tomorrow morning! She had just picked up our race packets and will be picking me up in the morning so we can go out to the run together. Let's start off (another) long weekend for me by running 4 miles on July 4th! It never hurts to build up some excitement and I'm looking forward to the race.

Now, I realize it isn't the way most would start out their July 4th. If anyone was going to get up early it would be to fire up the grill for some low and slow smoking. Okay. So, my low and slow might be my pace but the time spent will be smoking. What better way to start out a holiday? Besides, if I wasn't going out for an official run I would be running anyway. This way I can start the whole celebratory feeling right out the gate. Right? Tons of people, everyone hyped, ready to expend some energy and kick off a three-day weekend. It sounds like a real good plan to me. So I'll have some coffee ready, a bit of banana (for Dante's girlfriend) and head out for 4 miles on July 4th.

And my reply to her text?

"Oh yeah ready!"
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT