Saturday, July 12, 2014

What's your number

If you put down the numbers that have some connection to you, which would they be? I could mark these numbers.
It's been 41years since I graduated High School. I will be married for 35 years in November. My oldest son will be 33 in December. And my youngest son is 29. I'm sure I could come up with more.  I was only a month away from turning 55 the year I completed a half marathon. It's been a year since I've been out to my personal paradise. I checked and it was 7/7/13.

41
35
33
29
13.1
1

They are all just a bunch of numbers. If you looked at them all in a row, they don't look like much. Or they look like a lot. It doesn't change the fact they are all only numbers and some we had more participation in than others. Some just roll around every year without any help from us. Some we worked hard to get them there.

But each one is a cause for celebration. Each little tick and mile marker is a party in itself. It's time to start the party for each number we can put up on our imaginary bulletin board. There is a lot of strength and joy that went into making the list and how curious it feels to be able to look it over. All those numbers connected to you, branching out it ways we didn't think about. What does your list look like? It's not such a bad list, now is it?

It's cause for celebration.  Where's the cake?!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT