Thursday, October 3, 2013

The upside

The upside of today is that I am leaving work at 2:00.  The downside is that I have a dentist appointment at 2:30.  The other downside is that I've cancelled and re-scheduled it twice making it two months late.  I'm sure I'll hear about it from the staff.  I'm sure I'll feel their anger while they buzz, and scrape, and my knuckles turn white from gripping the arms of the chair.
Sorry.  Dentist visits are never pleasant experiences and even though I have followed their very strict advice of seeing them every three months, it hasn't prevented me from having to endure more ferocious procedures than anyone would expect from someone following orders.  So, I thought the heck with it and kept moving the appointment out.  They will do to me whatever they want no matter how diligently I do what they say.  I've gotten to the point where I smile and nod and then do what I want.  Their advise doesn't seem so great, after all of my experiences with them.
So, it will be to the dentist I go today.  And I will be leaving work at 2:00.  I'll also have the pleasure of knowing I managed 5 months without seeing the dentist instead of their prescribed 3.
There is always an upside.
TT  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT