Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Simple goals

I cleared out the old, saved draft posts.  I didn't even open them, but just hit delete, delete.  I'm bad that way.  I didn't even want to spend an extra moment to reread them.
I realize there might have been a sentence that was magical, electrifying, mesmerizing.  *throws back head and laughs*  Right.  Sure.  You can tell the level of confidence in my belief in that actually being true by my simple action of poising my finger over the key and pressing down.  delete.  delete.
Start over stupid.
I wrote myself some easy goals for this week.  Easy because I have to start somewhere.  I've been floundering again and need to focus.  So I wrote a couple of simple goals.
Go back to the short story I have 4000 words on (it will be longer than short) and rethink the following:
- my plot arc
-my characters internal motivations
-is where I begin the story the best place to start
That is for this week.  I haven't sat down yet and gotten started yet but since it is an official goal, a simple one, I will.  I also put down that I wanted to run 13 miles this week.  Not much, but what?  13 miles more than last week. So, now I've made my goals and only need to get started.  Happy Tuesday!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT