Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Long day

Yesterday, was one long beam of continuous work.  It never pulsated, making it more hurried or less, but was one constant push forward that was unrelenting.  I had a meeting a 1:00 which is my usual lunch time that went until 2:10.  By that time, I figured why go to lunch and ate a sandwich at my desk as I pushed on.  The skipped time from lunch made it easier for me to close up shop earlier, so I headed out about 3:30.  My head was so fuzzy from the all-day grind that the transition from work to home managed to stay blurred.  I thought I should have a run but once inside the house I wandered upstairs and started something else.
I wrote three product reviews.  It took me until 7:20 pm.  I never realized the time had gotten so far away from me.  It had been only 4:00 when I started.
It isn't fiction but another way to exercise the writing muscles.  I found a reading group, which led to the product reviews, which will probably lead me elsewhere within this internet community.  It is much more expansive than I realized.  I will be exploring more of it's features with plans to use as much of the experience that is useful.  I have my eye on two different contests but I will see how those play out, whether I enter or not, but possibly use the idea's to write another couple of short pieces.
It was a long day yesterday.  It felt pretty good.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT