Sunday, October 27, 2013

I only want

I'm heading out for another run this morning.  I managed five miles yesterday morning but my overall miles over the past months have been in the pits.  This year has not been good for me and running.  I don't have the hard and fast reasons why I haven't been up to par.  If I did, I might have done something to change it.  I certainly don't like where I am, and the only thing I can do is move along.
And moving along is exactly what I will be doing in the next few minutes.  But first, I want to drain this last bit of coffee from my mug.  I want to get these last few words typed up, I want to get those clothes in the dryer when the washer stops.
Oh wait.  I might have hit on some of those reasons.  I've managed to give myself a hundred and one reasons why I need to procrastinate. I don't have time, I need to do this, I missed my window of opportunity.  Yeah, sure.
Not this morning.  Today, I don't care about the coffee, the words, or the laundry.  This morning, I only want to get out and run.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT