Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Stand up, sit down

It's cool and rainy on a Wednesday morning.  I'm looking forward to another short run this afternoon now that I have two behind me already.  The weather might have me rethinking that later if the rain doesn't ease up, but even so, that would give me the writing time I need to start on that other part of my simple goals for this week.
I have my story ready to work on.  I have the task I want to complete.  Now comes the part that is always the toughest.  I need to do it.
But I've already identified what I need to do so it's just a matter of sitting down and making it happen.  It's sort of the reverse of getting my running goals done for the week.  For that, I need to get up and make it happen.  Stand up, sit down.  It's either a child's game or the lyrics of a RadioHead song.  But whatever helps me get motivated, I will take.  The idea of setting up short goals for the work-week was a good idea.  I only need to concentrate on 'what do I need to do today', instead of 'I need to do all of this and I haven't done any of it'.  Much better.
So let it rain, or let it ease up, I will still have my simple to-do for today.  Not too hard, not too complicated.  Just something simple.  Happy Wednesday!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT