Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Ghostly goals

Oh dear, what have I done?

The past few weeks, I have posted weekly goals on Mondays at the writing.com site and updated the status of those goals on Fridays. The StoryMistress (Webmaster) has generously rewarded me, and all the other individuals that commit to their goals, with 1000 gift points for posting goals and another 1000 gift points for following up again on Fridays on how they measured up on achieving what they posted on Monday. It seems to be a good way to think about what you want to accomplish during the five-day time span.  Put it down, act on it, and then review it at the end of the week to see how much you've done. Or how little you managed to do. It's a simple process. Put it down on Monday, 'fess up on Friday.

Sure, simple. But, after last week, I barely managed to 'fess up. I had completed my stated goals by Friday, sort of. I finished the book I was reading *CheckR* I wrote three book recommendations *CheckR* I didn't write the Public Review until Sunday *XR* 

I decided I was going to skip this week, as far as posting weekly goals. Then, I woke up Monday morning feeling rested, great, ambitious, and I went and posted goals! Not only did I post goals but I made them even more difficult than the prior week. Here is what I committed to do:

1)-Arrange to take Friday off from work
2)-Continue writing on my current short story by committing to:
-Two (2) - 1 hour sessions after work between Monday and Thursday (halloween?!)
- One (1) - 2 hour session on Friday when off from work
3)-Run 3 times between Monday and Friday for a minimum distance of 3 miles each time.

I've lost one day already since this is early Tuesday, before I go to work all day.  I was so tired after work yesterday, I didn't do a thing! All of these goals need to get done after work and I've blown an entire day already! Buckle down, girl. Pick it up, keep your focus, drive ahead. You can still do this if you put your mind to it, right?

Oh dear, what have I done?
Well, I did manage to check the first thing off my list.

I'm off work on Friday!*CheckR* 
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT