Saturday, October 26, 2013

Something better than 'book'

 I found some interesting data yesterday concerning my original book draft within my own computer documents.
Yes.  This is a screen shot.  It's the folder that holds the chapters of my entire draft of my book.  Under the column 'Name' you will see numbers, which is each chapter, and then there is the first column which is titled 'Date Modified'.  You can see I have lots of gaps in between writing, but I  finished the book on 8/24/12.
This screen shot is the 'New folder' of my book draft.  This is the beginning of my revisions.  I started up again on 11/22/12 and went through 12/11/12, cutting and splicing and dicing the story up until that point.  Then I came to a crashing halt.  That was it. No one was giving me input, and I knew it was a mess.

I guess the only reason I thought it was interesting is because I've been thinking about this story again.  It truly IS a mess.  I'm not even sure it could be called a story.  But, if I'm allowed to admit this, it has some good bits of writing in it.  It has some characters that seem to be real.  They are pretty pissed off at me for taking off last year before the holidays, and not giving them a "Hey, how are you, dear friend," in all of that time.  They are sneaking into those early morning waking hours for me, so it might be time to take another stab at a first round of revisions.  I might need to gather these old documents, and do more than take a look at 'Dates Modified'.  I should give myself until 12/11/13 to get started.  That would give me time to finish the draft of the short story I'm slogging through right now.  By that time, I could create a new folder with new dates.  I could even figure out a working title.  Well, I could at least think of something better than 'book'.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT