Friday, January 27, 2017

Meet for coffee?

The day starts a little later when you don't have to rush off to work.

I have an appointment at 8:45am this morning so I took the opportunity to give myself a vacation day and a long weekend. I have the day off once I fulfill my scheduled engagement. Can you call a routine doctors appoint an engagement? I just did. And I also used it as a reason for not showing up to work so it sounds good to me.

I might stop off for coffee on my way home. I think that sounds like a fun and quiet way to spend a few moments. You can picture it. Ordering a simple black coffee so you don't have to wait around until someone else mixes it up and calls your name when it's ready. It's an easy order, pay, and find a small table in a less traffic area of the cramped room. Sit and breathe it all in. Pull out your eReader and figure out how the author went from sugar-sweet nice to beasty mean. You have to keep reading to see how it all flows together or check back to see if it's a writing team instead of one author that has different writing styles. But the moment isn't lost and the alone time surrounded by others feels pretty okay on a Friday mid-morning.

I might take that time to figure out the rest of the day or just leave it to chance. Either way I don't have to think about that now.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT