Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Fact:

I'm not very chipper this morning.  I'm dwelling on the fact I won't be heading out on Friday afternoon for my race at the coast. I'm bemoaning the fact I won't be going out to my own personal paradise. It's just one of those let downs that could have been avoided if I had made my hotel reservation in a timely manner. Maybe it isn't such a great idea to think it really IS my own personal paradise and that I will always have a place to stay whenever I want or need it.  Hello, reality!

So, I will lean back, away from the feelings, and take a look at it.  Do I really want to mess up my day with thoughts of something I can't do anything about?

Fact: That particular race weekend isn't going to happen for me.
Fact: I'm trying to play some kind of guilt card on myself.
Fact: Even if I'm guilty, it doesn't change the circumstances and nobody else cares.
I don't want to mess up a perfectly good day. This instance isn't worth the time and energy. Let it go and plan the next one.

Fact: There are other races out there.
Fact: I'm already feeling better about searching.
Fact: I can make it to my personal paradise when the weather is warmer, with or without a race.

Okay. It isn't really all that bad. I could have wasted a lot of good energy.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT