Saturday, March 1, 2014

Breaking down walls

I think I know the writing.com site I have been frequenting since the end of last April is not for me. That took too long to figure out. I think I've known for a while but when I realized I was searching, yet again, for another site it became more than apparently evident. I have already bailed on one site (finestories.com) and now this will be yet another.  Is three a charm or maybe I should stop looking to sites for validation. I'm not sure, so I'll have to round that corner before I decide. I'll need to give it some thought. Better yet, I don't think I will continue to think about that and try my hand at actually writing, editing, putting aside, re-reading, editing, and doing the work it takes to make a story. I'm not talking a first draft or even a second. I'm talking the real work.

What I know now is writing that story all the way through to the end is not writing a story or a book or a novel. It isn't. Don't kid yourself, Tessa. There is so much more work involved than anyone putting a bunch of words together, no matter how good some of them might be, might realize. But what I must face and decide, is if I will let that wall of work hold me back or if I have what it takes to get past it. The wall is there to stop the ones that don't have what it takes. I see them hovering around that wall.  I know, I've spent too much time waiting there for it to open up. It won't. It's there for a reason.

I heard another very good saying recently that I have been applying to a lot of my thinking.  The hill won't get any lower by waiting.

It's time to find a way around walls and then start climbing some hills.
TT  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT