Friday, September 13, 2013

Balancing act

I have another day of vacation today.  This will complete my entire week of being away from work.  I still have the weekend, of course, but that never seems to count as vacation time, since I would normally get that time off anyway.  I shouldn't cut myself short.  I'm not sure why I analyze it that way, but I do.
It's been a good week.  (There I go again, acting as if it is already over).  Let me try that again.  The time off has been very good.  Getting away, and out of town was a good starting point.  Yes, it seemed a little stressful, but I wonder if I wouldn't have been just as stressed if I had gone anywhere else, or even stayed at home.  I was just endlessly tired.  I was needing to break regular routines, and have the time to ditch everything I was normally doing.
I haven't done everything I would have liked to do during my time off.  It's lamentable that as soon as I get the extra time to do things I've been moaning about, I don't use the time for those things.  If I could figure out how to do it all, and not extend myself to the ultimate edge of exhaustion, I would certainly put that plan into action.  I guess I'll need to think of an alternate route.  I would like to say it's about finding that balance but, let's face it, I have a tendency to heap the things I want to do on one end of the see-saw.  There is no way any amount of balancing weight will lift what I've piled there. Let's just say that is the way it is.  I have to be okay with getting as much done as I can, and stop carrying the rest of it around with me.  It can weigh me down.
It doesn't mean I won't stop trying.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT