Friday, September 6, 2013

About time

It's Friday!  Finally, the last day of the work week, and the last day before my week long vacation!  I shouldn't be so looking forward to this.  I shouldn't be so terribly excited about it.  I don't know where all this electricity is coming from.  I don't know, I don't care, I will take it and run!  Literally, and figuratively.

Here comes the mornings of fingers poised over a keyboard, contemplating a scene or character.  Here comes the mornings with fresh coffee, cup after cup, while thinking through the splatter of words on a document.  Here comes the free time to decide to get up, and throw on those running shoes to give my thoughts a break or break-through.

Then, there will be a few days to sweep myself off to another place.  There will be a change of scene to look around, and see old things in new ways.  I need to remember to tuck my index cards into my pockets, not that I will forget.  I want to capture a few choice words, and descriptions.  I might be able to juggle them into a sentence or two when I come back, as I once again poise my fingers lightly over my keyboard.

It's about time.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT