Tuesday, September 3, 2013

That's the plan

A four-day work week in front of me with the three-day weekend behind.  I managed to get many things done, and spent some time making sure they were things I wanted to do.  There were a few need-to-do's on the list but they only improved the quality of the entire weekend.
I've ditched the entire idea of going to my 40 year High School Reunion.  I wanted, somehow, to combine that with some time at my personal spot to vacation.  It was turning into something that was so complicated, and would cost so much more than I wanted to spend, that I decided against going.  I proposed the idea of just taking some vacation time, and making the trip a little bigger than our normal two days in paradise.  What about adding something that we wanted to do that was different?  I let Jay think about it.  He came up with a great plan.
I am taking all of next week off work.  He found us a hotel by the beach at a different coastal city.  It might be a smidge more drive time, but not much.  The deal on the hotel allows us to stay an extra day without the cost, and there will be sights we haven't seen, and new things to discover.
It's only a four-day work week away, and I am looking forward to it.  We won't leave until next Sunday, so I will have my regular weekend.  Then we arrive back home the following Wednesday, and I then I will have Thursday, Friday, and then another weekend to enjoy.
It's an excellent plan.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT