Monday, September 10, 2012

Kitchen duty

Yesterday, I put writing aside and took my turn in the kitchen.  I had an idea to test a new cookie idea and that is where I started.  I wanted to make a rocky road cookie with all of those ingredients, like almonds, chocolate and marshmellows.  Yes - I was not sure about baking marshmellows but it was a test cookie and if it worked that would have been great. 


  Unfortunately, they lost all the integrity of the marshmellow when cooked and that just didn't work.  They taste pretty good but they looked better as a batter and not the baked product.  It would need to be as recognizable as rocky road the way it does as a batter in the finished cookie.  Test cookie first try - back to the drawing board.

I went on from there to make up a Spinach Lasagne which I've done before and can't ever remember what I put into it.  I cooked up my lasagna noodles, made up a thin bechemel sauce with a little added pecorino cheese in it.  I used some ricotta, browned Italian sausage, fresh spinach and provolone layered up.  It was topped off with a final layer of noodles and sprinkled with more pecorino.





It turned out pretty good.  And in the meantime I broke down a cantelope and got some ironing done.
 
Not such a bad way to spend a Sunday. 

TT
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT