Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Get started

I booted up my laptop this morning and it must be the day for all automatic updates.  I was inundated with pop-up windows reminding me that this application and that all needed to refresh and download newer, more improved versions of themselves.  I clicked through and soon had a multitude of windows grinding away with various progression bars showing completion or how much more until they should be finished.  If those bars keep moving I seem to be fine but when I see them stop or slow down it can be frustrating.  Why do they seem to stop completely just when there are only one or two bars from finishing?  I must have waited a good 15 minutes this morning waiting for all this technology to wake up.  I was already awake and waiting to get to the things I wanted to get to.  But I was waiting instead.  It can put a damper on momentum.
But then it can also provide a moment to take a deep breath and not feel as if I need to hit the ground running full out.  Even if I had wanted to I couldn't do it that way this morning.  So I've waited and now everything is newly updated and ready to go.  So now I can get started. 
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT