Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Spoiled

I am off to work today after over a week of not having to head off to work.  I am not wanting to go back.  I knew if I would take any extended amount of time that this would happen.  I knew if I took extra unplanned days off I wouldn't want to ever, ever go back.  I felt really strongly about it yesterday but today I have either resigned myself to the fact or I got over my tantrum.
It isn't as if I don't have a great job.  It isn't as if I can't do the work well.  There aren't a whole lot of negatives I could really say about it.  But it's just a job.
I've spoiled myself terribly by taking this extra time.  Now I am watching the clock and rushing to get things done this morning so I can leave in time to get to my desk.  This after a week of, a week of, well, a week of not caring what time it was or rushing and instead of doing work for someone else I was doing it for myself.  It was still work but with a whole different feel. 
I did put in some full days of work while I was off.  My time table might not have been the exacting one I follow day to day with my regular job but I can say I put in the same if not more hours.  It was still work and there were times it was more difficult than my regular job but now I need to head back to the outside world again. 
So I am rushing off now to get things done so I can get to my (other) desk and see what is there for me from over a week.
Did I say I was leaving now?  I'm leaving now.  I have to get going.  I need to go into work.  Gotta go...
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT