Sunday, June 6, 2010

I had a real hankering for some pasta yesterday.  I managed to throw together some homemade spaghetti and meatballs for dinner last night.  I put the sauce on early and let it simmer.  I don't know another way to do it and someone needs to take the camera away from the kitchen because I tend to take pictures of food prep like I was trying to write a cooking lesson blog or some such. 


This morning I was making breakfast and then decided I would try again at my turtle candy cookies. 
I put them all together with the idea I was given to half bake them, then to pull them out of the oven, add the caramel, and finish the baking time.  That method worked perfectly for the taste, texture, and creaminess of the caramel.  It worked!  But unfortunately, they don't look appealing and who wants to eat a cooke that doesn't look good?
Ah well, I'll take the cookies to work tomorrow and let them eat some ugly but tasty cookies.  Remind me to take the camera out of the kitchen.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT