Thursday, July 16, 2015

Writing 5K

I read an article in Writer's Digest that was trying to make a connection with the Couch 2 5K training to writing. It had it's comparisons of a beginning runner to a writer that needs to get off the couch and make a plan to write, beginning with 5000 words (the 5K).

Alas, it was a disappointing comparison. The author admitted to being a runner starting in her adult life, "for 5 minutes." Well, that certainly showed in her writing of this article. She obviously read about running and decided to use those items to compare to writing. It was fairly flat. I guess it might help a writer that has no knowledge of running but for a (sometimes) writer that runs almost every day (lately) the suggestions were pretty generic. You might be able to tell I was hoping for more from this article.

Nothing was mentioned about discipline. How do you leave that out when you are talking about running or writing? I don't know. Give me 5 minutes, maybe I can figure it out.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT