Monday, July 6, 2015

Sitting still

I will not be the one to complain about this past three-day weekend. I wish they came every week because when they happen to come along, I realize how much I can get done on my own in that space of time. It includes down-time, relax time, time to sit and read, time to not go so fast. I kind of like that state of going at my own pace whether it's slow or doing a bunch at once. The main difference is I'm doing the choosing of when, where, how and how long. It's a pretty nice place to find myself.

It was such a thrill to be able to read outside under the metal roof of my deck outdoors when a small rain cloud came over. It rained hard for a mere 4-5 minutes and passed over but I never had to move from my spot. I only paused long enough to recognize it really was raining all around me. I didn't need to move but sit still, listen, and enjoy.

All weekends should be like that. Heck, all days should have some of that even if it's in smaller doses until the weekend. I'm going to find a small dose right now.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT