Sunday, July 5, 2015

Fun overload

I am barely dragging myself out of bed. I think it was too much fun and an overload of the amount of food I ate yesterday.

Sonny had a full plate of everything homemade. You can start with the fresh corn at the top of the plate and come around to the mac and cheese, fresh made ranch-style beans (these are NOT from a can, kiddos), coleslaw and a six hour, slow-roasted brisket with that tangy sauce in the middle of the plate.

I made an utter pig of myself because when it was all said and done there was nothing left on the plate except the corn cob. Really. I practically licked the platter clean! And then, I had a piece of cake!

Fireworks were everywhere, too! Since restrictions are lifted with all the rain, all you needed to do was look up to see the sparkling glitter light up the sky. Sonny lives just out of the city limits so it's legal and his neighbors go wild with it. It's all for free, just sit back and watch.

But now, with all that relaxing from yesterday, I'm moving a little slower than usual this morning. I stayed in bed, am just getting a cup of coffee, and need to get moving. I have a few things to do today and well, times a wasting.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT