Tuesday, March 17, 2015

New book

My eReader died yesterday. I bought it back on October 25, 2010 and it lasted until March 16, 2015. I think I got my money's worth out of it. I know I was very hesitant back then and needed to be talked into getting it. I liked my paper books. I liked the feel of holding them and anticipating turning a page as my eyes made their way down toward the bottom. My finger would separate the page I was reading from the next and slide it's way down from top to bottom, sometimes holding there until the words ended and then continued again on the next. There is a very good feeling that goes with that. But then I remember having a difficult time when I was lent an especially large hardback, containing an entire trilogy, where my hands would tire from the mere holding of the book. It was too large and too heavy for the long periods of time it needed to be open while I read.

Then I bought the eReader and it took a while to get used to it. If I read in bed before and I started to get drowsy, it wasn't unusual for me to wake up with an open book on my face. Not a pretty thing to admit but it happened and it was better than getting thumped on the forehead with the top of my eReader when I started to fall asleep. Of course, I would immediately wake up but would be determined to keep reading and would get another thump, and then another. I would finally resign to turning it off and leaving it on the nightstand before I bruised my forehead and have to explain the injury. That won't be the case anymore. I couldn't even wait a day without replacing the one that died.

I bought a new reader and it's lighter and smaller. The battery lasts longer and I can still read it outside since it isn't backlit. There is no chance of any bruising since it weighs less than my phone. It even came with a built in light that I will probably never use but who knows, I might. It's my book(s) and I always have one with me. Now, what page was I on...oh yes, it saves my spot.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT