Thursday, March 19, 2015

In the moment

I have been doing a lot of thinking about the idea of appreciating the moment and moving forward to better things instead of continually thinking about the past. That backward thinking is supposed to bring you down and keep you from getting to and missing the better things happening now and ahead. Okay, so you had a hard time and maybe you are still going through some of it, but how much time are you going to waste by re-hashing it over and again? I get that. I look for the 'what can I do now' instead of 'look what happened' type of attitude. It seems to work most of the time but every now and then you run into some ridiculous motivational quote that I just have to ask,"'what?"

Here is the one I read today: "Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward." -Victor Kiam

"What?" Seems like a really painful way of moving forward and doesn't that sort of stop you? I mean, are you going to crawl forward? Who is this guy Victor Kiam?

It turns out he was a big entrepreneur who owned Remington and the New England Patriots until 1991. He made some stupid comment about the issue of a women reporter in the locker room way back when and even though he apologized he made another really bad joke six months later that stirred the controversy.

I guess the guy had a lot of experience with falling on his face. Maybe, too much, because it seems he thought that was a way to get some type of forward motion. What a jerk. I'm in the moment now and the more I read about this guy, the more I'm trying to figure out why this quote was even published! I'll give this a moment of appreciation! Yeah! ...

There. Now, it's in my past and I can move on. (not fall!) I should probably take a moment and pause here quietly before going on. I've got to stop reading these random quotes.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT