Monday, March 2, 2015

Happiness is free

I had my health screening at work early this morning. I fasted but didn't do any other preparation for it since I already knew from going to my own doctors where all my numbers were lined up. I knew how the results would turn out, but employers want to make sure their associates are healthy and waving that carrot in front of them seems to be the way to lure them into submission. They give you incentives to have good scores. There are ways to earn points and put a few extra bucks in your pocket for doing what you should be doing on your own.

This made me wonder if this is the reason so many people don't do anything unless they get some type of monetary reward. Is it the, 'what's in it for me,' attitude that has made people failing in finding their passions? It's just a thought, but do we rely too much on the rewards, fads, and what is popular, as opposed to finding what we might get from something by experiencing it for our own enjoyment. I wonder if we were more open to different things, we would find it easier to get closer to that happiness everyone is searching down by not following someone else's ideas, but by looking to ourselves for our own create ways to find that fulfillment. If we ignored all the carrots presented in front of us, could we be more receptive to the things we have a personal passion for and realize we are happier doing them with or without those incentives.

I don't know how getting a finger prick this morning turned into this discussion.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT