Friday, March 13, 2015

Name it

If I needed to name all the good things happening what would they be?

The first good thing is so obvious I might not even have to call it out. It's Friday! and payday! The weather is straightening out and the weekend looks to be a real keeper! There you are - three things, boom, boom, boom! How easy is that. They aren't even in any prioritized order, because to me, the weather would be at the top of the list even though it was mentioned last.

I got a call on Wednesday morning for a 2 dozen cookie order. They wanted delivery before 6:00 pm that same day and I figured I could bake, package, and deliver after work. It was only two dozen, so I make a quick trip to the store to pick up some caramels because they wanted turtle cookies. I knew I had two eggs at home and only needed one and quickly checked-out and got them all baking. It was 5:10 when I pulled into the spot I was to deliver and my phone rang. I was sitting in my car, ready to deliver the order, and I was on the phone with another order for 2 dozen more cookies for the next day from a different customer. Sure, yes. I can do that. I got the information and then made my current delivery.

I went straight back to the store! I was out of eggs, needed some other ingredients because this order wanted a variety, and went home to bake some more. I finished everything, including cleaning up the kitchen, before 8:00 pm that night. The cookies were delivered the next morning and I was four dozen cookies ahead of the game.

Then there was the opportunity to help Sonny out with a creative way to get around the fact they have been dealing with only one family car when they need two. I was able to come up with a working solution and I think he is happy about it. I was happy. He was happy. I think that would move right up the priority list of good things happening, trumping the weather right out of it's prime spot.

So it seems, things are looking pretty good on that good things happening meter.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT