Saturday, March 21, 2015

Other's worlds

It's been raining, and this Saturday morning seems the best time to sit with a cup of coffee and a book. I can place myself beside a window to hear the drops drumming and watch the water splatters from the corner of my eye while I scan down the pages of someone else's world.

I've been reading my way through the Harlen Coben, Myron Bolitar, series. There are ten and I'm currently halfway through #9. I picked up the original back in June after I read two of his stand alone books which were very good. Those were Gone for Good and Tell No One. I wasn't sure if I wanted to venture into another series of books so it took me a while to pick up the first in this series (Deal Breaker). I finally picked up that first one in February. I took my time in between June and February and read two of J.D. Robb's that I was behind on. That has to be the longest series yet with #38 and #39. (#40 is out there now-it can wait). I read the latest Lee Child's, Personnal, two Tess Gerritsen, Karin Slaughter (love her stuff), three Brain Freeman (have to get back to that one). I read all three of Gillian Flynn's, Gone Girl, Dark Places and Sharp Objects and a smattering of really light, nonsense, don't-have-to-think books like, Homicide in High Heels, by Gemma Halliday and the like. Now I seem to be concentrated on getting through all ten of Coben's series. It should have probably stopped at eight but the guy has to make a living. I mean, that is his job and if people want more, you do it, right? I would have been happy with it ending at eight but who am I to decide his paycheck. Wait, I've read them all so I AM deciding his paycheck, right? Nah na na nah. I don't want to get into that now.

That is a lot of mystery, suspense, and psychological thrillers. I knew I liked that sort of book but didn't realize I had gone off and made them almost exclusive. It seems that way, sort of, for now. But then, it's kind of the best thing to read on a dark, stormy day. I mean, I'm safe, inside, at home. It's only someone else's world that is turned upside down.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT