Saturday, August 2, 2014

Enjoy the path

It's still a little too dark to venture out. It must be the false rain that was supposed to happen that has made it extra cloudy and covered any sight of the rising sun just yet. That's okay. I can use the extra time right now before I head out and pound out some Saturday morning miles. No need to rush this morning.

I'm not sure what else might be on my agenda for today. I might be parking myself here in front of the laptop to see what real work I can attempt on my fiction writing. I've spent a good while reading, researching, and absorbing as much as I can to learn about the craft but I know it's time to get back to actual writing. I've honestly been such a 'fraidy cat about writing anything. It's so much easier to put it aside and say it isn't any good. It's true that it isn't and will stay that way without the work. I've given in to my trembling lower lip, fearful fits long enough! Get over it, already. Do the work. Or don't. But enjoy the path or get off the road.

I'm beginning to see the pink and blue streaks spreading across the morning sky now. I need to get my gear on and move. I'm heading out to enjoy the path.

And when I get back, there are so many more I can explore.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT