Friday, August 22, 2014

Running backdrops

Remind me later to load Radiohead to my phone. At least two albums needs to move over from my iPod since I have a couple of long runs coming up. Annie Lennox would be also be awesome, Medusa, Diva, Bare, or Songs of Mass Destruction.  Pick one or a couple. I've been using the nike+ app on my phone since it runs by GPS instead of the lesser accurate program on my iPod and that created a small problem since my music is on my iPod not my phone.

I've been running using Pandora and that's works fine but I like particular music for the times I'm going out for a spell. Radiohead is the best, for me at least. There is something about their distinctive style of weirdly sung lyrics, guitar, piano, and electronics that set up the perfect backdrop for my mindset while I'm out running for miles. It shouldn't take me long to drag over Kid A, Hail to the Thief, In Rainbows, or my first choice, Amnesiac. King of Limbs is a little too short. I just need to remember to do it.

I am also wondering if I shouldn't take myself to another location for my weekend runs. It might be better for me to have a more level playing field instead of continuing the tough distances coupled with the inclines I have to navigate in my neighborhood. It might be time to head to Runners Haven. That sounds like a good idea and equipped with a great location and the right music it's full speed ahead. Well, not full speed - not on a long run. Everybody knows that.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT